Rock Springs Historical Museum Offers Superior Display in Wyoming

[ad_1]

On display now is a photograph of the 1924 Superior baseball team, RSHM 2012.014.0029. Back row: Frank Whitetree, right field; Bud Sutherland, short stop; Otto Winkler, pitcher; Dick Norris, first baseman; Gus Bertolina, director; Tom Lavery, center field; Ted Hiner, pitcher. Seated: Emil Droege, third base; Frank Mrak, utility; Guido Flor, utility; Sullivan, receiver; Rudy Moeller, second baseman; Roger Lessen, left field. Front: mascot Albert Pelligrini.

Wyo4news Staff, [email protected] [PRESS RELEASE]

ROCK SPRINGS, WYOMING – “Calling all dragonettes!” the Rock Springs Historical Museum is thrilled to announce its summer exhibit featuring Superior, Wyoming. A mix of artifacts from the Museum’s permanent collection and items on loan make up the exhibit, which runs until the end of August in the floor-to-ceiling windows of the fire station on Broadway Street. “Calling all Dragonettes!” is available for viewing 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Additionally, visitors can view more photos and browse a collection of various Dragonette yearbooks spanning the years between 1937 and 1961.

Advertising

Advertising

Advertising

Advertising

Advertising

Advertising

Advertising

Advertising

Advertising

Advertising

“Superior is holding an all-class reunion on July 16e and it seemed like the perfect time to celebrate with them! said Jennifer Messer, coordinator of the Rock Springs Historical Museum. “The Museum has some great items in its archives including music uniforms, yearbooks and photographs – all items we wanted the public to see. In a wonderful twist, many items have been brought to us since the exhibit was first set up, some on loan and some as donations.

“Calling all Dragonettes!” features many photographs, mining equipment, including a powder keg from one of the mines, and senior school memorabilia. Bursting with the school’s colors of purple and white and images of the school’s mascot, a dragon, the display has everything from sweater letters to class rings, band and cheerleader uniforms to hats and sports pins.

The town of Superior is located 23 miles east of Rock Springs and was first prospected for coal in 1900. Serious coal mining began in 1906 and Superior was soon “Second to Rock Springs ” in production. At its peak Superior had a population of over 3,000, today less than 350 people continue to call Superior their home. Billed as “a living ghost town,” the town of Superior continues to offer hospitality, historic buildings, a small museum, and hosts town and class reunions. Please contact the Museum for more information, if you are interested in donating to the collections or if you have a research request.

Advertising

Advertising

Advertising

Advertising

Advertising

Advertising

Advertising

Advertising

Advertising

Advertising

Advertising

Advertising

Advertising

Advertising

Advertising

Advertising

Advertising

[ad_2]
Source link