East Otto Historical Museum sets schedule for September | News, Sports, Jobs

[ad_1]


EAST OTTO – The East Otto Historical Museum will be open Sundays in September from 1-3 p.m. or by appointment at (716) 257-0654.

The artifacts in the museum tell the stories of people and businesses that were once part of East Otto. They include photos of people and homes, small farm tools, in the kitchen, old newspaper clippings, wooden voting booths and much more.

The museum is housed in one of the oldest buildings in the city, originally built in 1834 as the Baptist Church in the east of the city. Later it was moved to the Corners, which is now considered the center of the city. A larger church replaced it, and the city purchased and moved the building to its current location. It becomes the city’s first town hall.

In 1972, after City Hall moved to its current location on East Otto Springville Road, the EO Historical Group received permission to use it as a museum. The Cattaraugus County Historian believes it may be the oldest building in Cattaraugus County.

The museum is located next to the fire station in the city center at 8982 Reed Hill Road, East Otto.



Today’s breaking news and more to your inbox







[ad_2]
Source link